L'ETE A CHATEL, EMOTIONS ET SENSATIONS AU MENU DE CHAQUE JOUR
- Main technical features of the Châtel fantasticable
First put into operation: June 2002
Cable diameter: 22mm
Weight of cable: 3400kg
Departure height: 1928m
Maximum height: 150m
Maximum speed: between 80 and 100km/h depending on the weight of the passenger and the wind conditions
Speed of entry into the braking station: between 0 and 85km/h
- The bobsleigh run : Set among the spruce trees at Pré-la-Joux, the fun begins as soon as you begin your ascent using the built-in chair lift. After settling into your toboggan, you reach the steep section that leads to the top from where there is a panoramic view. Then you speed down the 650 metres of the run at an average speed of 7m/s guaranteeing a thrilling ride on the descent.
- Operational ski lifts : In the summer the ski lifts don’t take holidays! On foot, by bicycle, as a family, in just minutes you can reach stunning viewpoints, small mountain restaurants, or explore the waymarked trails of Châtelet from Portes du Soleil. So take the opportunity to breathe without sweating!!!
- The “Newschool” zones : In the Plaine Dranse area, the FACE MOUNTAIN STYLE, accessed from the red SX track.
6 North Shore zones at the edge of the Blues and Rock run
A “Drop Zone” at Pré-la-Joux with a step-up, step-down, wall-ride and quarter
The KID’S SHORE dedicated to kids
- VTT Trial (mountain biking) zones : To complete the equipment of this station which is steadfastly meant for VTT, Châtel offers the artificial VTT Trial zone.
The trial Zone provides unrestricted access for learning the techniques required to clear the obstacles and for balancing, for learning about the notion of trajectory and for just simply having fun. Its privileged location in the natural surroundings of Pré-la-Joux only brings added pleasure to its users!!!
- The Dévalkart track : Located just next to the bobsleigh run, the Dévalkart and its 20 non-motorised vehicles await those who wish to discover a new sports and leisure activity. Thanks to brakes, you choose the speed at which you want to hurtle down the Rubis track. To get back to the top all you have to do is hook the Dévalkart to the ski tow pole. Another great way to have fun on your stay in the mountains!!!
- The rollerbe track : The Rollerbe takes up its summer residence at Pré-la-Joux. Kitted out with an ‘all-terrain’ scooter, you fly down the Covagny track in a fun and entertaining way...The ski tow will take you back to the top.
- The Mountain bike park : Châtel’s Mountain bike park is situated at Pré-la-Joux and is accessible by the Pierre-Longue and/or Rochassons chair lifts. It consists of 22 trails of all levels of difficulty (21 downhill) as well as different areas for all kinds of experiences.
- The 21 “downhill” trails :
- 3 green
- 4 blue trails equipped with “shore” obstacles (footbridges, bridges, seesaws...)
- 5 red
- 9 black
A “green” hiking loop (2.5 km) at Pré-la-Joux completes these trails. Ski lift not necessary for access.
- And many more delights!
Paragliding, kayaking, Hydrospeed, rafting, swimming, archery…
Don’t miss out. Contact the Tourist Office now for more information!!!
|Remontées Mécaniques de Châtel
Tél : 04 50 73 34 24
Fax : 04 50 73 36 53
Tél : 04 50 73 22 44
Fax : 04 50 73 22 87